Friday 2 May 2008

One Month Down the Line

Today, The World According to Sroyon turns one month old.

April 1 is a strange day on which to be born. April 1 marks the commencement of the fiscal year. More pertinently, April 1 is All Fools’ Day: a day for frivolity and horseplay. April 1 is also a day whose history is riddled with mistakes. In 1873, the RMS Atlantic strayed 20 kilometres off course, ran onto rocks, and sank off the coast of Nova Scotia, killing 562 people. In 1944, US bombers strayed from German airspace into neutral Switzerland, and mistakenly bombed the sleepy town of Schaffhausen. This is a most disturbing trend. I will refrain from drawing inferences.

Nine posts in a month is not bad. There appears also to be a pleasant randomness in subject matter – among other things, I have written about beggars, free dinners, angler fish, shade cards and buses. What is more, there is actually a small group of people who claim to read the blog. Out of the goodness of their heart, some even go to the extent of leaving comments, and when this happens, I startle my co-interns with my ecstatic shouts when I check my mail in the morning and see the notifications (O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay! He chortled in his joy.) My co-interns are all non-bloggers, and do not Understand.

I too was once counted among their ranks, but as of today, I have been a blogger for one whole month. And I still can’t think of neat conclusions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rahul Saha said...
Well done. I hope thanks will be given (in the form of Apu treat) where its due. :)

RC said...
yes yes ... Saha's motion seconded vociferously!!

THE AKNOMIST said...
Opening post gives thanks to me also. So you know whats expected!

Doubletake, Doublethink. said...
keep going. in your own words, i'm a total fan of your blog. the realisation dawned with the post on the berger paint shade. you can spend afternoons reading the names on paint shadecards and laugh your heart out =]

Sroyon said...
@saha: Apu treat? Sure! Your demands are incredibly reasonable.

@rc: Says the man who owes me about nineteen Mainland China treats. The nerve!

@the aknomist: Dhan? Will Dhan do? Or maybe I can buy you a ticket to Prince of Wales? *looks hopeful*

@the world at large: People, this is a freakin' blog, not a forum for demanding treats.

@doubletake: You made my day! :D

SPIRITed! said...
Nothing can be compared to the feeling you get when someone comments on your blog.

Nothing except reading names on paint shadecards,that is.

little boxes said...
have been visiting this blog for quite some time now...
i'm sure you have enjoyed posting as much as we did,while reading your posts :)
and yes,keep those F.A.R.Ts coming

Sroyon said...
@spirited: Not even that, I think.

@little boxes: F.A.R.T.s? How did you hear of them? Saha? Gosh, I'm famous.

Misha said...
hi, shailja today told me about ur blog n the first thing i did in the morning at office was to check it out....keep up the work.....looking forward to more such posts...

debosmita

little boxes said...
yup i guess i read about it in his blog and in one of your posts too