Monday 26 July 2010

Condescending Software

FileZilla, the FTP client which I use, is configured to close the connection if no data is sent or received for more than 20 seconds. After two retries at 5-second intervals, it gives up.

I was uploading some files today and then I got distracted by something else on the internet. In the meantime, FileZilla timed out and gave me a rather cool message.

For the record, I type at 82 wpm.

Edit: Tommy has informed me that the message is in fact generated by the FTP server (i.e. only passed on by FileZilla).

6 comments:

Karthy said...

hahahahah...and you call me slow! FileZilla thinks otherwise!

Shrabasti Banerjee said...

ROFL, I love the title :D Ah and you have three new posts? *runs off to read*

Rara Avis said...

Why don't you post more often in the pretest season? As a mark of social service, at least?

Sroyon said...

@Karthy: You would probably send FileZilla into a coma.

@Shrabasti: This is why you should check back every hour.

@Ravis: Ok, I'll try.

Anonymous said...

No, Takai, don't. I do that. And I get impatient. Which is stupid of me, karon Sroyon isn't a son of god after all. It's unreasonable to look to hom for salvation all the time.
-Tima.

Anonymous said...

*him