Saturday 27 November 2010

I’ll only buy a book for the way it looks / And then I stick it on the shelf again

“It’ll be freezing out there! Go someplace warm, like Spain or Greece.” “It’s way too late you idiot. Ticket prices will have gone through the roof.” “Oh, but it’s a shame not to spend Christmas in London.”

And last but not least, our vacation destination has a system of issuing visas on arrival, which may well be perfectly reliable and legitimate. But I am paranoid about visas and things, and visa-on-arrival looks decidedly shady to me. I am convinced we will be turned back at the airport.

But despite everything, the Quaker and I booked tickets yesterday. No doubt, he has his own reasons for wishing to visit a faraway city at the coldest time of the year. For me, it all comes down to a book. Or more particularly, a book cover.

11 comments:

Indecision Personified said...

Ohhh... Very Nice... hope you have loads of fun... Just you and Quaker?

Pratiti said...

Ooooooo Sroyonda. :) If it snows!

Priyanka said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The Reluctant Rebel said...

I can't belie no one beat me to this but "the only way to judge a book is by its cover".

Pratiti said...

@Saha: Haha, I was tempted. But the whole Istanbul thing overwhelmed me.

Anonymous said...

i can resist no longer: why is he called The Quaker?

Sroyon said...

@Anjana: :)

@IP: Yes, just us.

@Pratiti: You are handling the news with a surprising level of equanimity.

@Priyanka: That's more like it. :)

@Saha: I am sure it pleases you that you had a part to play in the planning.

@Anonymous: You disclose your identity and I'll tell you. :)

Shrabasti Banerjee said...

Aaaaaaaa. Aaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!
Whenwhenwhen? :O :(

Pratiti said...

Maybe this is just a facade..like the conspiracy in Julius Caesar I'm hiding my monstrousness in smiles and affability...maybe I'll poison your drink in January...

sreejita said...

yaay! again good photos (good food photos too!) :)

Sroyon said...

@Shrabasti: Christmas week.

@Pratiti: Dear lord.

@Sreejita: I'll do my best. :)