Wednesday 16 September 2009

Madurai High Court

Every now and then, I see a sign which totally cracks me up. I saw one such at the Madurai High Court (or, more accurately, the Madurai Bench of the Madras High Court) where, for want of anything better to do, I had gone to watch a few sessions. I really, really wish I could put up a picture of the sign, but when I took out my camera, a security guard directed a salvo of irate Tamil at me, from which I inferred that photography was prohibited.

Anyway, the sign was above a gate, and here is what it said:

ENTRY FOR HONOURABLE JUDGES ONLY

Dishonourable judges, presumably, have to enter through the other gate.

4 comments:

Dev said...

Hehe!

For some reason your post reminds me of Pedantic blondes. No offence to either you or your post, but well, it just does!

Tamil noodles aren't half bad either.

Shrabasti Banerjee said...

Lawlzzzzzz. :D

Anonymous said...

is that a new sort of quota in india now? :D

new age scheherazade said...

What happens when a lawyer becomes a judge? Does he/she start off as Honourable, with a clean record, in spite of having been a lawyer? Or is there some cleansing process involved?
(No offence intended to lawyers, of course.:) )